Friday, January 3, 2014

Admissions


A few months ago, I kind of fell of the wagon. I don't mean I started drinking or anything of that sort. Instead I stopped something....I stopped writing. I stopped reading religiously. I stopped doing the things that I love.

Part of it was just the hectic holiday schedule. I managed a Photos with Santa at a local mall this holiday season, and though I really love my job, it adds additional chaos to an already hectic season. Something had to go in order for me to save my sanity, and the easiest thing to give up was blogging. It was easy to stick my WIP on up on a shelf and walk away, especially because I was not really feeling them all that much anyway.

In all of this chaos, this break from my "real life", I have watched another year come and go. Even though, on some level, I find New Year's Resolutions to be hokey and ineffective, I definitely need to take some time to re-evaluate my life.

I have come up with a theme for 2014:

ACTION

For the past several years, my life has been marked by unfinished ends. I have big dreams, I always have, but I have had very little follow through in recent years. Two of the major goals I want to accomplish are: 

  • Launching a handmade business selling crocheted and crafted items, hopefully to help support a charity in addition to myself. 
  • Write a book, or two, or three. 

These are both goals that I have stopped and started many times in the past few years. But, that does not get me anywhere. So this year, I am most definitely going to commit myself to making strides on both of those fronts. 

This is going to be my year of action. Other goals that need to be on my radar this year include: 

  • Making a final decision about grad school. It's something I have been kicking around for so long, but again I have never followed through on. 
  • Make deliberate steps toward wellness. Face my issues with food and my lack of exercise head on. It's time. 

So in 2014, you can expect that Paws and Print will likely evolve from a strictly book review blog, into one that tracks my action on all these fronts. 

With Action, results shall follow.



1 comment:

  1. Yes! A year of ACTION. I'm right there with ya, sister! I need to start putting this wisdom to work.

    ReplyDelete